So this whole wedding planning thing, does seem to be as hard as I thought it might be...we got the church, reception site, cake, and flowers all in about 2.5 hours. Record speed...maybe.
Well really this comes down to my mom doing the leg work earlier in the week. She had already been to the church to figure out dates that they were available, and to the possible reception sites for possible dates. Of course, I had to do my own bit of grieving for the fact that the church was not available in the summer, My preferred wedding date choice! Like June or July. No, the church was only available on holiday weekends. I was actually quite surprised by this, thinking that the reception place would be more difficult to find. After I let go of the fact that I wouldn't have a summer wedding if I wanted the wedding at my home Church, the next date available (that wasn't a holiday) was September 7th, 2013. This wasn't my ideal date, but it was the earliest that was available.
We went down to the place I wanted the reception at, the Younes Center and they also had September 7th available. We just booked it right then and there. Basically the date chose us, more than us choosing it.
Then since it's Kearney and it's home, I didn't really need to figure out who I wanted for flowers and cake, they were given's. So we stopped by and got our names on the calendar. We'll go back in the spring to work on details.
I never dreamed it would be this easy! I mean 2.5 hours? (not counting my mom's hard work). Who would have thought? It's just fate I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment